LTER gets sociable
LTER gets sociable. The LTER Network has begun to use social media to reach a broader audience. As recommended in the LTER Strategic Communication Plan and the ASM workshop on media strategies for the LTER, the Communications Committee and the LNO have begun to put the LTER community on social media like never before:
- Visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/uslter to see daily posts on major ecology and network-level events. We share like-minded agencies' and organizations' posts as well.
- If you are a Facebook user, you can post your comments to the LTER wall -- articles that others would enjoy, events, photos, and videos too
- If you would like the LTER to promote an item on Facebook, you can email the Public Information Officer, McOwiti Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an even faster LTER interaction, follow the USLTER on twitter at twitter.com/uslter. Our curated tweets link you directly to the most relevant news, events, and deadlines affecting the long term ecological community.
- Our Twitter and Facebook accounts are linked, so if you want your information to go out on USLTER's Twitter feed, contact the Public Information Officer, McOwiti Thomas, at email@example.com
- Introducing the LTER's blog at www.lternet.edu/blogs: a way to promote your research or thoughts relating to Long Term Ecology Research or IT
- Use your LTER id to login here: www.lternet.edu/user, then create a new blog post at lternet.edu/node/add/blog-entry.