The LTER Publications Committee (PC) is a network-level standing committee. The primary operational responsibility of the LTER Publications Committee is to facilitate the publication of volumes within the US LTER Science and Synthesis Series. This includes reviewing a proposed volume’s prospectus and providing a recommendation to the Executive Board regarding the volume’s suitability for inclusion in the series.
1) The LTER Network / Oxford University Press Synthesis Series
Published by Oxford University Press
- Status of Site Volumes in the LTER Synthesis Series
- Oxford Guidelines for publishing in the LTER/OUP Series
(courtesy Oxford University Press)
- LTER information for prospective authors
- Publications Committee Documents including Draft Prospecti
The publications committee has endorsed the draft prospectus for a proposed LTER children’s book series. Building on the success and format of My Water Comes from the Mountains, a children’s book inspired by research results at the Niwot Ridge LTER site in Colorado, the proposed series will give LTER sites an opportunity to interpret their site research for the younger generation (K-12) in particular, but also for their overall constituency.